There has been some really hard days this month. Definitely facing my Dad's 85th birthday was one of those really hard days. It just made me so mad that my Mom wasn't even thinking about my Dad but was off with her replacement man instead. That just really pisses me off! I felt very alone decorating his grave. I've been in freak out mode most of the month because of idiot 1 and 2 president and all the crap he has been doing every single day! I was prompted to get my Dad's journals out and read them and that helped alot. My Dad wrote about alot of things that were going on in the news back in the 70's and 80's and it helped me feel like he was write here with me and we were talking about the news again. I also found a bunch of journal entrys that he wrote specifically to me, Pam, and Valerie so that was nice too. I especially loved that he wrote about my baptism because I have no memories of that day.
We got our first really bad snowstorm of the season this month and the first time we had to actually pull out the shovels and shovel the snow! YUCK!!! I did find out through my Dad's journal entries that I have 2 siblings in Heaven and I have angel dates for them--June 1978 and Dec. 7, 1979. It makes me angry and sad that my Mom basically just threw them away too, never remembering them at all--I HATE the way she chooses to grieve!!! So I am remembering them with figurines in my remembrance garden.
We had 2 parties for Karena for her b-day. One with all the family and one with just the 5 of us. For Valentines Day Roland took the day off and we did sealings in the Temple in the morning then we got taco salads for lunch and watched a signed sealed and delivered movie. That evening we took Spencer to the airport. We picked him up from the airport a couple of days later--that was fun being at the airport again!
I made 15 paper lanterns for Janessa's angel b-day. It is really overwhelming to see all the lanterns and realize how much time has passed since she died. I hate that her angel b-day is coming up.
We got spring like weather in the 50's to finish up the month of February--it has been so nice to be outside and not have a jacket or coat on! I decided to go ahead and make my b-day mandala for Janessa's 15th b-day this week rather than wait for her b-day because chances are it will be windy and cold. I picked the perfect day! I'm actually really glad I did it now, because the spot I picked has tulips and daffodils starting to come up and in a week I wouldn't have been able to make it.
Last week I ended up teaching in primary again--my 3rd Sunday in a row because Amelia had a missionary thing going on. I was a little miffed because she contacted me on Thursday and only gave me 2 days to prepare a lesson. Heavenly Father blessed me for already reading the come follow me stuff so He was able to guide me to the perfect lesson and I was able to put it together in a day! Unfortunately, just like last week we only had 1 primary kid. It's a little harder doing a lesson for 1, but, Faye is awesome and Heavenly Father prepares lessons just for her! It's been fun to have Roland as my team teacher these past 2 weeks. I'm grateful to get a break from teaching for the next 2 weeks!
So grateful for the beautiful spring flowers that opened up this week--I LOVE Spring it brings me such HOPE!
I was able to go to the temple and do initiatories on Friday. It was fun to discover in the back of the temple they have created this little gazebo with benches. I'm definitely going to be spending my time there next Sunday on Janessa's b-day! Hopefully it will be warm and not too windy!!
For our ending FHE treat we did a competition between Betty Crocker and Duncan Hines cake mixes. It was fun putting it all together! Duncan Hines wins hands down!
This week we had to relive construction nightmares all week with construction vehicles in front of our house, and cement trucks, and holes being dug in our grass--not fun!! But it is for Google Fiber so hopefully it will be worth it!
Roland and I finally got to walk at the park for the first time in a long time this past Monday!
The Toyota turned 200,000 miles old last Sunday Feb. 16, 2025!! When we almost got to 200 we called the kids and had them come find us on 4000 west where we had Karena drive us around and around in circles in a church parking lot until it hit the big 200000!!! That was a blast! I'm sure my Dad was laughing his head off as he watched us!





































































No comments:
Post a Comment