These past 2 months have been a blur!! Alysha and Elijah got engaged April 1, 2025. They set their wedding date for June 20th 2025--2 1/2 months away!!! It has been absolute chaos trying to plan and prepare things. I was hoping to convince them to just use a reception center and we let them be in charge of everything where we had so little time, but, they are determined to spend as little money as possible so they are having it at a church in Provo outside at their pavillion. Not overly happy about that, but, I guess we'll make it work. We spent April and May making all the decorations, not something I wanted to do. Alysha and Elijah went back to Maryland for a week to visit his parents and they were both crazy busy with school and finals and work all through April so wedding planning has been really hard. We went wedding dress shopping 2 times. The first time we checked out DI's to see if there were any dresses and there were some cute ones but they didn't fit. Then we went to a rental place. It was okay and she tried on some really pretty dresses and she did find one she liked, but, it was tight on her and it was going to cost about $600 just to rent the freaking dress! The next shop was supposed to be a discount bridal store, but, their dresses all started at $1200!! We did have a really good experience there and she found a really pretty dress, but, she refused to spend that much money on it. So she ordered from Amazon and then made the dress the way she wanted it. It has taken a month for her to fix it and so here we are 19 days away and the dress and veil are just barely being finished. Roland made an Arch for them for the ring ceremony and planter boxes to line the aisles with. He ended up breaking his thumb as he was making it. We've had the arch set up in the garage for the past month so the garbage cans have been moved to the back of the house so we go through the apartment and outside to dump garbage now.
We've gone to Thanksgiving Point 2 times in the past 2 months. Roland and I went on the Friday before Easter at night and that was really neat to see the Tree of Life lit up. The tulips were really pretty then. We went again on my b-day, but, most of the tulips were dead so that wasn't as fun. But, I was able to purchase tulip bulbs so I'm excited to plant those in the fall. For my b-day lunch I didn't know what I wanted so we ended up going to arbys and artic circle and then making a mushroom and swiss burger combining the two together--it was yummy! It decided to rain like crazy on my b-day and it was cold so we ended up wearing rain coats. The fun thing was it was pouring rain all the way down there and then it stopped while we were there walking around and then it started raining again. We also went and did initiatory on my b-day.
For Easter this year we had Elijah, his brother, and their other roommate so that made things interesting and a little stressful. In the morning on Easter we went with Kristen, Amber, and Karena to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple to watch the sunrise--that was so much fun! When Alysha left for Maryland their ride to the airport canceled last minute so I ended up taking them. That was my first time ever in my life driving to the airport! When we picked them up from the airport we ended up being at the airport the same time as a group of missionarys were coming home so that was fun. I had a funny sign to welcome them both home.
Roland and I took Alysha and Elijahs engagement photos. During one of the shots Alysha accidentally dropped her phone in the pond and Elijah didn't even hesitate to stick his arm in and grab it. His sleeve got all wet so we had to position Alysha on his right side for the rest of the pictures.
Kristen bought herself a car in April. This ended up being a good thing because her work had her work a ton more hours and scheduling out the car would have been a nightmare! We had a family b-day party with Roland's parents for all the May b-days. Amber and I had fun b-day shopping on her b-day and then the day before we hiked Ensign Peak but again it decided to be rainy and cold so that was a little miserable. Roland and I helped fix a wheelchair ramp for a sister in our ward. On memorial day weekend we discovered we had a water leak at the meter so Roland spent the week chopping up the cement and digging up the meter. Got that fixed only to discover there was a leak in our sprinkler system that we had to dig up too! Roland and I have done sealings, endowment sessions, and initiatory at the temple. My period has decided to go all crazy--in April I went 38 days and May I had no period--I'm now at 42 days. I took a preg test which was negative so I guess I'm headed toward official menopause now?????



































































No comments:
Post a Comment