Saturday, January 11, 2025

January 1-11 2025

 2025 has started out NOT so great!  

The first week we got a shelter in place phone call from the police at 11:45 pm because there was an active shooter running around the neighborhood.

This week the city of Los Angeles in California started on fire.

This week all our smoke alarms went crazy, going off every freaking hour for 6 hours, then the carbon monoxide detector started going off so we had to have the fire department come out to check it out while we sat with the cat in the suburban.  We thought we had it fixed, but, nope that evening at 1 am and then 2 am the stupid alarms started going off again!!  We took down the alarm in the apartment bedroom and they stopped going off so that dumb alarm is the problem child that is broke!!  What a nightmare!!

During this time we were trying to get Amina back on a plane to fly home but her flight got canceled and then the new flight got delayed by 2 hours causing her to miss all her connecting flights!

On Wednesday the shelves in the apartment kitchen just all of a sudden collapsed breaking my moms old plates and bowls.  I freaked out because I had stored some of my memorial statues for Janessa in that cupboard and they were on the shelf under the one that collapsed.  It was a miracle that they were not crushed and broken into a million pieces, but, they escaped with no damage.  So grateful Heavenly Father provided this miracle to me and that earlier in the month I had put my other figurines in a different cupboard because they would have been destroyed if I had put them where I was going to.

This week Pam called to let me know that Tiffany went into her first Obgyn appointment and was told her baby had no heartbeat and she was going to miscarry.  I was heartbroken for her.  She miscarried Baby Scott on January 9th. :'(  Uncle Kent also died this week of a sudden heart attack.

I finally took down the Christmas tree today--maybe 2025 will calm down now!!!























The view is gone! :'(







  

No comments:

Post a Comment

April & May 2025

 These past 2 months have been a blur!!  Alysha and Elijah got engaged April 1, 2025.  They set their wedding date for June 20th 2025--2 1/2...